The picturesque landscape of the Shenandoah Valley is the perfect place to escape with your sweetheart. To experience the best weekend getaways to VA for couples, you’ll want to do a little researching and planning ahead of time. Here’s a guide to romantic additions to help you have a vacation you’ll reminisce about for years to come.
As you look into weekend getaways to VA for couples, download our Shenandoah Valley Vacation Guide. It’s filled with local insight and suggestions on things to do. Plus, find information on our fantastic rooms and accommodations at By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages. To further help you plan romantic activities, download our Romantic Itinerary with plenty of suggestions on things to do with your significant other.
Romantic Ideas for Weekend Getaways to VA for Couples
Because people often travel to the Shenandoah Valley looking for romantic getaways in the Virginia mountains, By the Side of the Road tries to make your visit extraordinary. The unparalleled natural beauty of the area provides a memorable backdrop to a special trip. Book a stay in one of our quaint and cozy cottage rooms. Then, add one for our all-inclusive romantic packages to make your stay even more memorable.
Will You Be My Valentine Package
Are you and your special someone looking at weekend getaways to VA for couples as a way to spend Valentine’s Day together? Search no further—our all-inclusive Valentine package is the perfect way to celebrate. As you enter your room, you will be greeted by a chilled bottle of champagne and a bed covered in silk rose petals. Also included in the package is a dozen homemade chocolate drizzled cream puffs and a $50 dinner certificate to Beyond Restaurant.
Shenandoah Wine Trail Package
What could be more romantic than exploring the rolling hills of Shenandoah wine country? With this package, you can receive discounts at nearby wineries, including Bluestone Vineyard, Shenandoah Vineyards, and Cave Ridge Vineyard. Also, upon arrival guests will receive:
- A Romantic Dinner for two at a nearby, local restaurant ($50 Value)
- Complimentary Red or White Virginia Wine
- A Light Version of our Gourmet Picnic to carry to the valley wineries of your choice (includes gourmet cheeses, French bread, fresh fruits and a luscious dessert)
- Our Hot Gourmet Breakfast Basket delivered to your door each morning.
The Absolutely Local Package
Get an authentic taste of the Shenandoah Valley with this Absolutely Local package. With a bounty of local goods and products, a trip to the area wouldn’t be complete without tasting the produce and wine. This package includes:
- Gourmet breakfast delivered to your door
- $10 Voucher to spend on Central Shenandoah Valley produce, flowers, meat, jewelry and more at the local Downtown Harrisonburg Farmers Market
- Tasting for two and discounts at Bluestone Vineyard
- A light picnic of crusty bread, local cheeses, fruit and a luscious homemade dessert from the inn’s kitchen to enjoy as you tour Harrisonburg
- $40 Dinner Certificate to a local restaurant, where menus include local products from the Central Shenandoah Valley
- $5 Certificate to the best local ice cream in town, made on the premises at Kline’s Dairy Bar
When looking for weekend getaways to VA for couples, By the Side of the Road is one of the most romantic places to stay. Check out our Romantic Itinerary for even more suggestions on what to do while in Virginia.
Book one of our Spring Water Cottage Suites to enjoy an in-room seasonal fireplace, selection of free movies, a private balcony, and separate dining area. The luxurious accommodations will make your romantic getaway in the Virginia mountains a cherished vacation memory.
Browse our complete catalog of rooms and suites, and start planning your trip to the Shenandoah Valley today!