When the warmer temperatures and sunshine of spring break through the late winter clouds, the excitement for the Apple Blossom Festival begins! The nine-day festival kicks off spring in a way unique to the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. There’s nothing quite like springtime in the Shenandoah Valley! With celebrities, musicians, competitions, and many other great activities, you don’t want to skip out on the Apple Blossom Festival this spring!
The Shenandoah Valley offers an abundance of incredible experiences and opportunities to make memories. Here at By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages in Harrisonburg, we know where to find them! So, download our free Vacation Guide today to plan your next Shenandoah Valley getaway.
Get Ready for the Apple Blossom Festival
Every late April and early May in Winchester, VA, the Apple Blossom Festival celebrates the coming of spring and the opening of the pink and white apple blossoms. The festival welcomes spring, and, since 1924, continues for nine days with parades, carnivals, celebrity appearances, races, and more! It’s fun for the whole family from beginning to end! Here are some events within the Apple Blossom Festival you don’t want to skip!
- The Apple Blossom Carnival begins on the Apple Blossom Festival’s opening day with rides, prizes, and other carnival activities. Perfect for the whole family, “Ride for One Price” wristbands are available for $25.00 per day.
- The Bloomin’ Wine Fest “uncork[s] the bloom” with live entertainment, delicious food, and incredible local wines. With 20 of the best wineries in Virginia representing their wines, you’ll have plenty of great options from which to choose.
- Winchester Cider Works Tasting and Orchard Tours are the quintessential Apple Blossom Festival activity! Come, tour the orchards and sample the fresh cider as it’s being made! This is a great activity for the whole family!
- The Apple Blossom Festival’s Pro-Am Golf Tournament began in 1995 and features professional and amateur golfers alike. Head over to the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and watch the golfers swing into spring!
- The Apple Blossom’s Got Talent! Finals test the talent of local artists and performers as they seek the $5,000 cash prize! Come, grab a seat and watch the some of the best talent in the area compete!
- The Queen’s Dinner celebrates the Apple Blossom Festival Queen, a tradition held since the festival’s inception back in 1924. For $25, you can enjoy a delicious catered meal, apple pie, a cocktail hour, and appearances from local dignitaries.
- The Firefighters’ Parade pays tribute to the Winchester and Frederick County firefighters. Watch as the floats and marchers go by and enjoy the bands compete for the title of best marching band!
- The Apple Blossom 10K Race brings in more than 1,500 participants of all different ability levels. Come, cheer on the runners or participate for a fun adrenaline rush! Registration is $30.00.
- The Apple Blossom Bluegrass Festival flies up and down the fretboard to bring you some of the best pickin’ and grinnin’ in the Shenandoah Valley. So, if you’re a fan of bluegrass, folk, country, or music in general, then you should plan to attend the bluegrass festival!
Plan Your Apple Blossom Festival Trip with Us
When you’re planning your visit to northern Virginia in the spring, let By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages be your host. We’re just a short drive away from all the wonderful events and experiences, like the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester. Browse our beautiful rooms and cottages and see for yourself the kind of comfortable luxury you can afford. And, if you need more ideas for things to do in the area, then download our free Vacation Guide today!