How do you plan on enjoying the snow this winter? With all the great places to go skiing in Virginia, bundling up inside and avoiding the frightful weather just isn’t an option. Whether you’re an expert skier or a novice, each of these five ski resorts have options for you. You can’t go wrong with a day on the slopes this winter, so grab your gear and hit the road! The snow’s waiting! Not sure where to go? Then follow our list of the five best places for skiing in Virginia.
Are you looking for other great things to do near By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages in Harrisonburg, VA? Then look no further than our free Vacation Guide! It’s full of the best activities in the area to fill your time. Our guide is the key to the best stay in northern Virginia. We guarantee it!
The 5 Best Places for Skiing in Virginia
- Wintergreen Resort in Wintergreen, VA, is one of the largest ski resorts in Virginia. You can’t go wrong with their 24 trails, terrain park, ice skating rink, and their fun park for kids! They also offer tubing! With so many slopes to choose from, you’ll spend all day exploring the fun to be had here. And, if you’re an expert, this is the place for you! Of the 24 slopes, 11 are black diamond, and one is a double black diamond. So, if you’re up for a challenge or just after some fun, Wintergreen Resort is the perfect place for every level of skier.
- Bryce Resort in Mt. Jackson, VA, is another great place for skiing in Virginia. Huge 800-foot tubing lanes mean lots of fun and laughter as you zoom down the slope. There are nine ski slopes ranging in difficulty from easy to black diamond, meaning every level of skier has something just for them. Then, whenever you’re ready to be done, relax at the Fireside Grille in their ski lodge!
- Massanutten Resort in Massanutten, VA, is the perfect place to get your adrenaline pumping and have some fun! Multiple lifts transport you to one of 12 slopes ranging in difficulty between easy and black diamond. There’s something for every level of skier from novice to advanced. And, with snow-tubing and an ice rink, the whole family can have a fun time and make special memories skiing in Virginia.
- Liberty Snowflex in Lynchburg, VA, is a little different from the others on this list. While it’s not a ski resort, it is one of the best places to hit the slopes in Virginia. Located on top of Liberty University’s 5,000-acre mountain, the Snowflex boasts year-round skiing where you can ski, snowboard, and tube. It’s designed for all levels of skier with easy to advanced slopes. It’s a veritable year-round winter playground!
- Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA, is designed to make a fun and gentle skiing experience for all levels of skier. With all levels of slopes, the lower trails are generally easier than their upper trails. Expertly groomed trails make for the most fun, comfortable skiing experience around, meaning you’ll have a day’s worth of fun!
A Cozy Cottage Makes the Perfect Place to Warm Up
Relax and unwind after a long day on the slopes in one of our luxurious cottages or rooms at By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages. Our cozy suites are the perfect to rest and warm up! Check out our available rooms and see for yourself the comfort our cottages afford! We are eager to accommodate your every need, so contact us today to book your stay! And, if you need more information on things to do in the area, then be sure to download our FREE Vacation Guide! It’s full of the best ideas for things to see and do in the area. Trust us! We’re the experts.