South of Harrisonburg between Staunton and Charlottesville, the little town of Waynesboro, VA charms its way into the fabric of the Shenandoah Valley. The little town isn’t just for passing through, though. You’ll find that there are many great things to do in Waynesboro VA, so many that it may surprise you. This small Shenandoah Valley town should definitely be a stopping point during your time here. So, here’s our guide to the best things to do in Waynesboro VA.
Are you looking for the most incredible experiences in the Shenandoah Valley? Then, you’ve come to the right place! Here at By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages, we consider ourselves experts on everything Shenandoah Valley. That’s why we’re offering a free download of our Vacation Guide! We want you to have the best time while you’re here. And, following our guide, we bet you will!
The Best Things to Do in Waynesboro VA
- The Zeus Digital Theater in Waynesboro is the perfect stop to catch a movie. Their eight digital screens show some of the most popular titles in a high-quality, clean, and comfortable theater experience the whole family will enjoy.
- At Seven Arrows Brewing Company, you’ll experience some of the best craft-brewed beer in the area. Plus, you’ll learn the process and even sample what the locals love! This is a great activity for the beer-lover in your family.
- For artists and museum-lovers, the P. Buckley Moss Museum is a real treat. Here you can explore the collection of the artist’s work, learn about her life, and find something collectible to take home!
- In the same vein as the Moss museum, the Shenandoah Valley Art Center features some of the area’s most prominent, local art. The center hosts exhibitions and classes to impact the community and highlight art in culture.
- The Wildlife Center of Virginia is a great family-friendly place where you can learn more about the ecosystem and diverse animal populations in the state. The center itself functions as an animal hospital for wildlife and works to research different native species.
- Hermitage Hill Farm & Stables is an interesting place. First and foremost, it is a farm, but it also is one of the area’s premier wedding venues. There they also have a brewery, apartments for rent, horse-boarding, and more.
- Basic City Beer Company is a great place to try local craft beer, catch the best live music from local musicians, and take a tour of the brewery! If their motto, “Craft Beer, Craft Sublime,” is any indication, you’ll enjoy every last drop!
Just a Short Drive from the Best Place to Stay in the Shenandoah Valley
When you’re planning your next trip to the Shenandoah Valley, consider making a stop in Waynesboro for any of these wonderful things to do. And, when you do, know that you’ll just be a short distance from By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages in Harrisonburg. You’ll love our cozy cottages and whimsical rooms. They’re perfect for whatever type of trip you’re taking: family vacation, romantic getaway, or weekend escape. So, check out what we have available. Then, contact us today to book your stay! And, lastly, if you need more ideas for incredible experiences in the area, you should download our FREE Vacation Guide!